Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ahhh, that's better!



Hi, and happy Saturday evening!
I had some really nice quiet time and was able to catch up on some challenges. I combined a few in one card. The 1st is Monday's technique challenge over at SCS,
The Grid Technique I used this on the base panel, though it's a little hard to see. Tuesday was the Color Combination, Almost Amethyst, Wild Wasabi, and So Saffron, and finally Wednesday's sketch at SCS



I also love Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge on Fridays, which was Purple Flowers, it fit perfectly with what I was up to!
I did the grid technique on the wasabi base, then I matted the saffron panel with amethyst and adhered that to the base. I added a strip of amethyst with ribbon and stamped my bloomin' rose once on white CS, cutting the top of the rose out of the box, and twice on amethyst CS. I water colored the white rose with almost amethyst and certainly celery ink and a blender pen. I cut one of the amethyst flowers and layered that on the the already colored flower with dimensionals, then I cut just a section of the last rose and added that with dimensionals. I matted the white stamped panel with amethyst and adhered that to the card with dimensionals. I stamped my Lovely Labels sentiment on white CS with amethyst ink, punched it out with a circle punch and layered it on a black scallop punched circle. I added some gems and dressed up the scallop with a white gel pen.

Well I feel much better now that I got my challenge fix! Thanks so much for stopping by and keep smiling a lot! :):)

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Yay! It must feel good to create again! a very beautiful card!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

BEautiful card! Awesome job combining the challenges...and such a stunning result! I love the flower extending beyond the frame!

Anonymous said...

I love your card but the image posted really is too dark to see the grid technique and the details on your flower. Is there another version elsewhere?