Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CC184, Mojo53 White Swirled and Some Challenge Catch Ups



Good Tuesday afternoon!
I have been home the past two days with children not feeling well. That, of course, I don't like. The upside is I can see they are feeling better, and I've been able to relax and catch up on some challenges- THAT I like!!
This card is for today's color challenge at SCS, 'basic gray, riding hood red and always artichoke'. I combined this with yesterday's Mojo Monday sketch.
I love the Snow Swirled set, and I love this tree heat embossed. I added red rhinestones to trim the tree and I stamped the flower from Baroque Motifs in riding hood red, punched it out with the triple flower punch, added a tiny rhinestone and a dimensional to top off my tree. I also heat embossed the snowflake on basic gray card stock and cut it out with my circle cutter.

Recipe:
Stamps: Snow Swirled, Baroque Motifs
Paper: white, basic gray, riding hood red, always artichoke
Ink: white craft, black, riding hood red
Extras: rhinestones, ribbon, white ep, dimensionals



The Splitcoaststampers Fan Club theme this month is 'Colors of the Rainbow'. I have a couple of cards done for that. The first is "Fuzzy Skating". I haven't inked up this cute little guy up in years! I paper pieced his sweater, skates and the trees, then water colored the rest of him with my SU ink pads and a blender pen. I also added some white liquid applique to his hat and the heart on his sweater for a fluffy look. I added Stickles to the moon and stars for twinkle, and the ice and trees for a frosty look. The snowflake was heat embossed on night of navy card stock and punched out with a scallop punch. I also used Beate's week end sketch for the layout.

Recipe
Stamps: Fuzzy Bear PSX, Snow Swirled SU
Paper: night of navy, white, soft sky dp
Ink: black, close to cocoa, tangerine tango, so saffron, kiwi kiss, always artichoke, white craft
Extras: White ep, ribbon, rhinestones, liquid applique, Stickles, dimensionals



This is another card for the Fan Club 'Glad we're Friends'. I paper pieced the flower from the 'One of a Kind' set with Bella Rose dp, added a white brad for the middle and popped it all up wit dimensionals. I used a white gel pen for detail. This is also the sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You.

Recipe:
Stamps: One of A Kind, Best Yet SU
Paper: black, white, bella rose dp, riding hood red
Ink: black
Extras: brad, rhinestones, triple flower- scallop- circle- and fern punches, white gel pen



'Happy Haunting' is for Our Creative Corner's sketch challenge. All the stamps are Inkadinkado Clear Stamps. I heat embossed the totally cool & creepy tree and the sentiment with Versa Mark ink and black diamond ep. I sponged some chalk around the tree for a harvest moon light look.

Recipe:
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Paper: black, summer sun, elegant eggplant, white
Ink: Versa Mark, black
Extras: black diamond ep, rhinestones, Stickles, dimensionals

That's it for now, thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to smile a lot! :):)
Hugs,
Denise

7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, Denise, you've been busy! I love the Halloween card with the cut-out swirly bats. Too cool! The ice skating bear is just toooo cute....made me say "awww" out loud. Love the big circle in the upper left corner behind the snow swirled tree too. I have this set and just used it in a swap...now I want to go play again. :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your cards, awesome work.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Denise you have been busy! Sorry to hear that your kids have been sick. Hope they're well soon! Your cards are fabulous! I love the snow swirled Christmas, with the lovely gems and the Halloween card too!
smiles,Deena

Lauri said...

You are been one busy lady!!! These are all so beautiful! I just got my order, with new stamps and paper and I don't know where to start!!! Great cards! Hope everyone is better!

Julia Aston said...

Boy did you get busy on cards! they are all lovely - the swirly tree is just beautiful!

fishlips said...

All your cards are just wonderful I have really enjoyed myself looking through your blog at all your art ,it's all just simply stunning....

Sue C said...

What a great group of cards! It's always so fun to scope your blog - great eye candy! I was sort of lamenting ordering "Snow Swirled" (I was really on the fence about it and then saw an Inkadinkado set I liked as well/better), but that GORGEOUS card made me sooo glad it's coming my way (it'll be here Tuesday - woo hoo)! Thanks for being such a prolific stamper and for sharing them all with us...