Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cherished Dreams


Good Tuesday morning all!
'All That Glitters' is this month's Fan Club theme at Splitcoast Stampers and if you haven't guessed yet, I love SPARKLE! So I decided to get 'dirty', I've never participated in the "Dare to get Dirty' challenges, so this was especially fun!
I started with a black cs base. I matted a dp panel to white cs, folded one corner up and added a black rhinestone. I took a big ol' Heide Swapp flower, folded and glued it in half and added some black rhinestones and Stickle spots. I attached my stamped image to the center and adhered it to the dp panel. I added some more rhinestones, Stickles, my sentiment and ribbon.

Recipe
Stamps: Dreams du Jour, Baroque Motifs SU
Paper: black, white, bella rose dp
Ink: black, certainly celery, rose red
Extras: rhinestones, Stickles, ribbon, dimensionals, flower Heide Swapp



Sunday was Featured Stamper day at SCS, and the lucky lady was the very talented 'Kokirose', another one of my faves whose gallery just ROCKS! I chose to case her 'Thinking of You' card which features one of my fave color combos- pink and brown. This was also the combo I needed for the 'Verve Project Parade Challenge' so... two birds with one stone!
The rose is an image I stamped, colored and cut some time ago. I stamped Baroque Motifs in white craft ink to the choc. chip panel for my bg. My sentiment was stamped in black Archival Ink and punched out with a small oval punch. I faux stitched around it using a paper piercer and white gel pen. (I don't get along very well with sewing machines)!
Okay, time for some last minute school shopping, and hopefully I'll be able to get in today's color challenge at SCS- rose red, basic black and kraft! Thanks so much for stopping by, I always love when you do! Keep smiling a lot!! :):)

Recipe:
Stamps: Rubber Stampede, Studio G, Stampin' Up!
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Choc. chip, white
Ink: white craft, black, versa mark
Extras: brads, gold ep, ribbon, dimensionals, oval punch, paper piercer, white gel pen, ticket corner punch

2 comments:

Mellette said...

Denise, you are AWESOME! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. LOVE your work!

Mellette

Joanne said...

Your cards aare wso beautiful! I love how you folded that flower! What a great idea...