Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dreams in Bloom


Hi everyone, happy Thursday evening!
First I have a late Color Throwdown challenge, (last week's Almost Amethyst, Basic Black, Certainly Celery) Great colors!


I started with a black card stock base and added a strip of amethyst and a scalloped strip of celery over that. Then I stamped my Bloomin' Beautiful flowers twice on amethyst cs, and once on celery cs. I cut and paper pieced them, layering sections with dimensionals. I did some shading with the same colors of inks along with some Brilliant Blue in the flowers. I also added white gel pen to the flower centers and Stickles for sparkle. I adhered my flowers with dimensionals to a square white panel that I pierced. I stamped 'Bloom' on white cs, cut it to size, scalloped and pierced edges, matted that with amethyst and adhered it to my card. I finished it off with some little flowers I had in my stash.

My next card is from Tuesday's SCS Color Challenge "Farewell In-Colors", and I'm really gonna miss them. I stocked up on them so I'll have them for a long time!!
I used Purely pomegranate for my card base. I stamped a Blue Bayou panel with Fresh Cuts, and adhered that to my base. I stamped my 'Dreams du Jour' on white cs and colored it with Purely pomegranate and Certainly Celery inks and a blender pen. I added white gel pen and Stickles. I adhered that to a Blue Bayou panel and added that to a Soft Sky panel matted with Purely Pomegranate. I added ribbon to the bottom of that and adhered it to my card with dimensioals. I finished it off with the butterfly stamped in black ink on pomegranate cs.
I have to say that I'm not thrilled with how the pics came out, because my camera died and I had to use my scanner to upload. But that's okay, if that's one of my biggest problems today, I'll take it, no problem!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and keep smiling a lot! :):)

2 comments:

Neva said...

Denise these are both just awesome, you are so talented.

Two Happy Stampers said...

Both of these cards are beautiful! You did a great job on them.