Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SC196 Happy Autumn!



Happy October!
Can you believe it? Where did the summer go? I have that seasonal depression going on right now, but it will pass. Right now I want to enjoy the wonderful rich colors of the foliage, the crisp, cool fresh air and cozying up with the fam on shorter days.
Yesterday's sketch challenge at SCS was really cool, and I loved teusday's color challenge, so I combined the two. I was looking through my stamps for some Fall images, and I found a couple of old PSX stamps that were perfect.
For the 1st card I stamped the image in black Archival ink twice on white card stock. I water colored the wagon with Close to Cocoa ink and colored the rest of the image with markers. I cut out a few pieces from one image and added them to the other with dimensionals. The flowers are felt and I used a fern punch for the greens.


The next card is done with the same sketch, and I used this pretty wreath stamp. I colored it with markers, cut out the image and adhered it to my card with dimensionals. The sentiment is Stampin' Up's Best Yet set, and I punched it out with my curly lable punch. I added it to my ribbon with a glue dot.
Well, that's all for tonight, thanks so much for stopping by and keep smiling a lot!! :)
Hugs,
Denise

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Very pretty cards! I think I am rebelling against autumn colors...I am tired of them already!! and it is only October 2!!!! I agree, this change in season (although I love the fall) is just making me dread winter!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are both so gorgeous! I love the pumpkin one and the punched embellishments are awesome! The wreath is gorgeous too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Both ae stunning.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

so cute :)