Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fairy Dream


Happy Thursday evening~
SCS has started a new monthly challenge, Cards For A Cause. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so, this month's CFC Challenge is Chemo Angels, in honor of all the brave people who are fighting cancer every day. I love the idea of donating handmade cards, or any project, to someone who needs to know they are not alone, and someone they may not even know is pulling for them and sending out a prayer or a hug or a smile. So I combined this with the Ways To Use it challenge which is using only one word on your project, and came up with Fairy Dream.
I water colored the image with ink pads and a water pen. I also cut out the butterfly and 'out of the box' flowers and popped them up with dimensionals, then added some Stickles for a magical sparkle.
I hope this card will put a smile in someone's heart and remind them that they are worth the fight.
Hugs and smiles to everyone, and thanks for stopping by! :):)

Recipe:
Stamp: Stamps Happen Inc.
Paper: pink pirouette, white, choc. chip
Ink: black Archival ink, pink pirouette, pretty in pink, rose red, choc. chip, mellow moss, barely banana, almost amethyst
Extras: water pen, Stickles, ribbon, white gel pen, oval punch, dimensionals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise, I have no doubt that this beautiful card will bring a smile and warm someone's heart! Lovely coloring, and great dimension!
smiles,Deena

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Denise! Fabulous detail colouring and so pretty in pinks!

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is so pretty. It reminds me of artwork from one of my favorite books, The Borrowers, from when I was a kid. You have done an outstanding job!
LeAnne