Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Combo Challenge Pink Always



Happy Wednesday evening!
Nice to be blogging tonight, I haven't had a lot of time for posting or stamping lately~ this just makes me so sad! I tell ya, I wish I could stamp and create for my living because I crave it every second of every day. It felt so good to be able to play today! And what an awesome sketch for today's challenge at SCS, really fun! I combined it with yesterday's color challenge (I usually do), which was basic black, pink pirouette and optional white~ is that a fab combo or what?!!
I love my Always set from Stampin' Up!, so I inked up the birdie with Versa Mark ink, and heat embossed it with Chrystalite Pink ep on basic black cs. I love how the design on the image comes through on dark cs. The flower for this card is one I found at Walmart. It originally had a pink button center, but I removed it and added a black button with a glue dot~ I think it makes the flower pop more for this card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Always (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: basic black, pink pirouette, Bella Rose dp
Ink: Versa Mark, black Archival Ink
Extras: Flower, buttons, ribbon, white gel pen, Chrystalite Pink ep, oval and circle cutters

Well, off to do some commenting on SCS and then to bed! Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to smile a lot tonight! :):)
Hugs and Smiles,
Denise

2 comments:

Lauri said...

SO pretty! This is such a pretty color combo. I know exactly what you mean about wishing we could just create all day....I daydream...the lottery, a new house, no job, nice studio.....oh well! I will keep buying those lottery tickets!

LeAnne said...

Hey Denise, I know what you mean about the "crave"! I feel the same way! This is quite a pretty card--I saw this sketch and took off running! It looked too complicated for me, but you did a great job with it!
LeAnne