Thursday, June 26, 2008

Patience is a Virtue

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday was a real test of patience for me. I don't know about you, but when I send in an order for Stampin' up, or anything really, it's all I can think about until it's delivered. I go to the UPS website and track that package almost every mile of the way!! Then arrival day comes--THAT is the longest day of all! And a long day it was, the UPS lady didn't come until 5:15 p.m.! Every time I heard a truck go by I ran to the door, hoping it was my long awaited box! Anyway, as you have probably guessed THE BOX finally came, and the UPS lady that I was almost hating all day, suddenly became my most favorite person in the world!!


Do you know that feeling?? I'm guessing some of you do!!

So I opened my treasure and all the worries of the day just melted away!!


Today, after a very emotional yesterday, I have managed to get in a couple of challenges. The first is yesterdays sketch challenge over at splitcoaststampers.com.




I don't make a lot of baby cards, but I thought I would try some with the cute carriage in Stampin' Up!s Fun and Fast Notes. I wasn't so sure how I liked them at first, but they're growing on me.

Then today's challenge, also at Splitcoast, is to include birds in our projects. So I finished putting together some more double pocket bags that I had made for the craft fair. These are so fun to make, I just love them! And that's my fave bird from SU's Touch of Nature, which is retiring soon. Here is the tutorial that Jenn Diercks put together. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/double_pocket_bag/
Well, I'm off to play with my new toys-- I'll share them with you soon!! Have a wonderful evening and don't forget to smile a lot:)):):)

7 comments:

Lauri said...

I know exactly what you mean!!! I watch every day, the progress of my packages...until they arrive!! These are so pretty! I love the way you did the challenge, and the bags are so cute! Have fun and keep posting!!!!

LeAnne said...

These are ALL fabulous! I personally just cannot wait for the new catalog....it's driving me crazy!
LeAnne

LeAnne said...

Ooops, I forgot to tell you....you've been tagged! You can read the deets on my blog! :D
LeAnne

Denise Marzec said...

Hey, those are awesome baby cards. Love the yellow one with the black frame. So pretty! Love the bird cards too.

If the emotional day you're talking about is related to your son's graduation, I can totally relate. My oldest daughter graduated last year, and I was an emotional basket case. Hugs girl!

Anonymous said...

You left me a comment on my blog today. So nice of you . . . however, I was tempted to look at the link to yours and WOW. You are the "it" girl. Absolutely beautiful, creative designs. I'm subscribing (and I'm super picky). Hugs, Mary

Joanne said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I'm so glad that I stumbled onto your blog. I have yet to make one of those inchy cards but it's on my "to do" list for sure.Yours are great!

Silke Ledlow said...

Denise - you are definitely back in the groove - all of your cards are awesome!!!