Friday, June 19, 2009

It's been a while


Hi guys~
I know it's been a very long while since my last post, and I apologize for not checking in. I've just felt so overwhelmed with everything, and fallen into a very deep depression. I hate to admit that because so many people go through much more than depression, it sounds so trite. For me it's a very dark and lonely place, even surrounded by people who love me, but I'm working hard to get through it. Thank God for the people in my life and stamping~ they are truly life lines.
Today is the last day of school and I made two of Olivia's teachers a special thank you gift. It's Lauren's Versatility Box, one of my faves and so fun to make. Here is the video tutorial if you want to take a peek. Inside both boxes is a mini sunflower planter, I found them at Target for $1 each.
Here is a view of the top of the boxes:




Here they are opened, I added a little pocket to the inside cover to store the planter's instructions:



And here is the top of the mini planter, I punched a 2" circle, secured ribbon vertically around planter and punched circle. Then I layered a 1 3/8" punched circle over secured ribbon, and added Stampin' Up!'s butterfly die to the top with a glue dot.



I hope you try this fun box, thanks Lauren for the wonderful inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by, and keep smiling a lot :)
Hugs and Smiles!
Denise

Paper: Choc. Chip, baja breeze, dsp- all SU
Stamps: Best Yet- SU
Ink: Black Archival
Extras: white gel pen, punches, butterfly die cuts (SU), ribbon, mini planters

9 comments:

Lauri said...

oh no!!!!! well, I can absolutely sympathize with you, and never feel like you cannot or should not share! Many do not realize the darkness of depression, and how devastating it can be. I hope you find some light soon! and your projects are absolutely beautiful!! So glad I checked your blog today!! You are always inspiring to me! BTW, I am going to Stamp Connecticut in Farmington in July (July 10 and 11). Classes and stuff....if you are up to it I would love to see you there!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

How cool are these, super job.

Becky Jo said...

Your boxes are beautiful and I'm sure the teachers will love them! You are very talented. I just want to say I'm glad you felt good enough to stamp and post. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sincerely hope you continue to feel better each and every day! We all go thru these ups and downs in life and so glad you shared. How else would anyone ever know they aren't the only one!?! Big Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Hello My dear,dear friend!! Glad you are back. I actually have a huge smile on my face while typing this. You blogging and creating = you feeling a bit better :o). These boxes are beautiful!!! I knew we should of got more of these flower pots at target that day, lol....I am sure Olivia's teachers loved them!!(and I know that she was proud of the work that mom did).Oh,btw, in the observer, they are taking applications for a craft show in Dec. soooo, start crafting my dear!! Lol. I will talk to you soon. Love ya, have a sparkling eve. Pamela

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a unique and adorable gift Denise!!! You are so creative!! The papers you used are gorgeous!!

So glad to see you back! You have been missed. I am so sorry to hear about your depression! I know a lot about depression since I have had a few friends suffer with it. It plagues their lives. It is not at all trivial. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!
blessings,
Chris

Denise Marzec said...

Hiya Denise! So glad to hear from you again. :)

Love the little butterfly surprise on the inside of the box, and especially since they're parisian breeze (STILL my fav!).

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love these little boxes and the sunflower planter is such a fabulous little gift! So sad to hear of your depression. I hope you find your way. Keep the faith, and I'll keep you in my prayers. Ask for help, even if it's just from those who love you. At least take joy in your inspiring artwork..it's wonderful and inpsiring.

Sue C said...

Hi Denise! Great project, beautifully executed! Depression is NOT trite, is NOT trivial, is NOT to be taken lightly!!! One of my daughters goes there from time to time, and it truly is so disruptive and dark... Know that I'm thinking of you - as are many, many others - and hoping that this is quick-passing for you. Even though we've never met, and only "know" each other from these blogs and SCS, I still consider you a friend, and truly do care... Love and light, darlin'!

LeAnne said...

Denise, these are beautiful, as are all your other things. I have missed you, and sorry to hear you're sad. Don't ever feel like you can't share...there are lots of people out here who can pray for you, me being one of the them! Sometimes it just happens and you just need to take one day, one hour, one minute at a time. Give it all to HIM!
Hugs,
LeAnne