Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Two in One~ Vine Heart


Hi, and happy Tuesday everyone!
My card today is a combination of two challenges. Jen's Sketch For You To Try, and today's color challenge at SCS. The colors are:
Pink Pirouette or Pretty in Pink
Perfect Plum
and
Kiwi Kiss or Old Olive.
My Vine Heart image is, I'm pretty sure, a PSX stamp which I stamped on white card stock in Chocolate Chip ink. I colored the image using markers, ink pads and a water pen, and also added some Stickles for a little sparkle. I trimmed it very close to the edge and adhered it to my card with dimensionals. I have always wanted to trim out the center with a craft knife, but I always chicken out!
I added the buttons with glue dots, and stamped the sentiment on Pink Pirouette card stock in black Archival ink, then punched it out with a 1 3/8" circle punch and attached it to my card using dimensionals.
This will be my mom's birthday card, her birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks.
Well, I guess that's it for now~ time to make dinner! Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to smile a lot today!! :)
Hugs and Smiles~ Denise

Stamps: PSX, Best Yet (SU)
Paper: kiwi kiss, perfect plum, pink pirouette, white, Bella Rose dp (SU)
Ink: black Archival, choc. chip, pretty in pink, mellow moss
Extras: markers, water pen, Stickles, buttons, ribbon, paper piercer, circle punch, dimensionals

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise, I just saw this beautiful creation of yours in the gallery on SCS. It is absolutely gorgeous!! I Know that your Mom is going to LOVE this. She will be thrilled. As soon as I saw this in the gallery, I knew it was yours by the cutting, lol..... I know, I know, you love cutting, and cutting and cutting, etc... LOL
Have a sparkling evening,
Hugs, Luv ya, Pam

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, I LOOOOOOVE that heart stamp. What a beautiful card!!

Lauri said...

Your cards are always just so stunning!!!! I love when you post them...they are so gorgeous!

A Creative Need said...

Denise, this is so beautiful!! Your Mom will love it!!
Have a great weekend!
smiles,Deena

LeAnne said...

Very pretty! Great image and wonderful sketch!
LeAnne

ChristineCreations said...

I'm a cutting lover too :) It's gorgeous!

Teresa Kline said...

this is totally fabulous...amazing work! *~*

Silke Ledlow said...

Denise - I think I remember this gorgeous creation of yours from the other day!!!

May I just say *WOW* - it's truly gorgeous!!! I love the flower heart and how your trimmed it!!!

I also wanted to stop by and thank you for your sweet comment!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!Hugs ~S~

Iren said...

This card was really lovely. I love the color combination! And the imagae is absolutly lovely. I have it on my wish list!

Hugs